Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our Engagement Story

Hi there friends! 
Some of you may know that on November 30th, 2014 I got engaged to my boyfriend of {almost} 5 years.
After 5 years together a girl starts to wonder when the H-E-double-hockey-sticks it is going to happen. But I had also hit the point of never getting my hopes up! 
There had been a few times that I had thought would have been perfect, but of course that's never how anything works out.
You wanna make God laugh, tell Him your plans!

One of my childhood friends-turned-photographer had been talking about doing some sort of a photo shoot for the past couple of years. With everyone's busy schedules that just never happened. 
Until a few months ago.
She sent me a message on Facebook telling me about an idea for a shoot she had and that Morgan & I would be perfect for it. It was supposed to be a campfire shoot outside in the cold with big cozy blankets and s'mores roasting.
Turns out that Mother Nature didn't want us to take pictures that weekend and made the weather turn nasty. 
We rescheduled to November 30th. 
I ordered this dress from Riffraff just knowing that it would be so perfect. 
Me being me, I was more worried about my outfit than anything else!
Leah & I had all kinds of ideas for layering this dress to suit the cold weather that we ended up not needing. I am not a cold weather person so was actually kind of excited that it was in the 60's when we took these. 
We started out taking some pictures of me by myself, and then of Morgan & I together, followed by more of me by myself....etc.
One of the poses she had us do as a couple was for us to face each other and me put my hands on his chest. 
Little did I, or Leah, know that the ring was around the button of the front pocket on his shirt!
My fingers were literally in the pocket.
After taking a good amount of couple pictures, she wanted to do more of me alone. 
She directed me in posing having me turn and look off to the side. 
Click, click, click... she was doing her thing and snapping pics left and right. 
As you can see, we were in a field of dead grass so when anyone moves it crunches and makes noise.
While she was taking these pictures, I heard a little noise behind me but just thought it was Morgan walking around or Leah changing positions. 
And then, I heard Morgans voice...
"Megan..."
I love that Leah captured this moment of me when he was saying my name, realizing what was happening. 
Y'ALL. I turned around and he was on one knee.
He made his speech. The whole time he was talking I just kept looking at him and then back at Leah saying...
"No, Is this real?" 
"Nu uh"
"No way"
"Is this a joke?"
"Are you serious?"
"Nooo!"
I was in disbelief and total shock!
He keeps telling people I said no.
I guess right about the time he said "Will you marry me," is right about the time I was saying "NO way."
I do believe that I finally said yes at some point. I mean, the ring went on the finger so I obviously accepted!
{annnndd cue the ugly crying pictures}
I was so happy.
My cheeks hurt so bad from laughing/crying/smiling. I can still feel it.
My ring, you guys. 
Rose gold. What I have always wanted. 
He got it all on his own too, I was very impressed! ;)

So that's the story in a nutshell.
Come to find out that Leah & Morgan had been in cahoots the whole time! 
I am so, so, so happy we had pictures of this special moment. 
(Guys, take note!)

BIG THANKS TO LEAH @ 

| MY OUTFIT |
Dress: Riffraff - sold out
Necklace: E. Leigh's

XoXo,
-Megan

6 comments:

  1. I was smiling while I read this. so sweet!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are absolutely beautiful Megan (& Leah!) Congratulations to you both!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving hearing the story! Congrats. Can't wait to see wedding pictures on here some day soon. :) The dress you picked could not have been more perfect for the occasion. So glad you have such amazing photos to capture this memory.

    Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I loooved the dress too! <3

      Delete